Saturday 8 November 2014

Candy Cane Body Scrub!



Christmas is just around the corner and if your low on money or just don't know what to get your family member of friend then I got you covered. This is a super cheap, easy and definitely adorable DIY that has a ton more love than anything you can buy from the store!

For this DIY you are going to need:

Olive oil (you can use another plant 
based oil if you would like)
Sugar ( If you want to use this in more sensitive areas like your face then I would recommend using caster sugar)
Peppermint essence 
Red food colouring 


You will also need: 
A jar with a lid
Bowls for mixing in
Spoons


In one bowl mix 3/4 cup of sugar with about one and a half tablespoons of olive oil.You can add more or less depending on how you like it. I think it's good to have it not soo sticky that it is in a big ball but if you grad a bit with your fingers and squish it the sugar will stay together.  Once you have mixed it well it should look like this. 



Add 1 teaspoon of peppermint essence and stir well. 

You should now have one bowl of white peppermint sugar scrub. 

I then made the same recipe in another bowl but when you get the this point in the recipe add one drop ( and no more) of red food colouring. Mix this in well. You should now have on bowl of white and one bowl of red sugar scrub. 

Putting it all together:

Grab your jar and a heaped teaspoon of on of your different coloured mixtures and place iron the bottom of the jar. Flatten it down so the next colour doesn't go in all wonky. 


Then do the same thing with the other colour. Alternate colours until you get to the top of the jar. 


And your almost finished! Just one
Last step. 

My kid is a bit of a dull green colour so I took a circle of pink paper the size of my lid and glued that on the top. I wrote "Jean's Candy Cane scrub" on it but you can write anything you would like. And for the finishing touch I tied a ribbon around the outside of the jar. 


And that's it! A super cute easy DIY that you can use to treat yourself or give to someone else as a very lovely home made gift! 
If any of you guys try this out make sure to send me a pic over on my Instagram, @jeans_space. I would love to see what you guys come up with!

That's all for now. Hope you enjoyed today's post!
Jean xx






2 comments:

  1. oh this would make such a lovely gift! thanks so much for sharing, i think I'll make this for my mum whose birthday is coming up :) by the way i just found your blog and i love it, keep up the great work! xx

    http://brambleandlace.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete