Wednesday 23 July 2014

A Little Sewing Project

Hey guy's
Today I am going to be doing a little post on little sewing project I did. (Sorry I dont have a picture of the dress actually on, It was super rainy out and the lighting in my house is terrible)
My blundstones
My dress


They amazing material I found

So as you can tell by the photos I made a dress. It's just your average straight cut shift dress. I chose this style because I think they just look really cool on and are super comfortable. I got the material from spotlight. As I am trying to save up for my overseas trip I have become a maniac bargain hunter, and automatically gravitated to the clearance section of the store. There I found the perfect material and it was only $8 a metre! And what was even better was that the store was having a sale so the price was brought down to $6 a metre. The pattern I used was lent to me by my mum. It took about two days to make and was overall a very fun experience. I have actually made quite a few dresses before but this one is definitely my favourite.

Here I have just paired it with a merino underlay some stockings and my fave blundstone boots. Slightly warmer clothing as it is winter here on this side if the world but in summer I definately would just stick some shorts under it and maybe some cute sandals and a nice big hat.
That's all for today!
Jean Xx

2 comments:

  1. That's really impressive that you can make your own stuff! I made a sweater on time, but I did not have the gift, haha :) Good post!

    http://novellette.com
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12522799

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Hey thanks that means a lot!! And making your own stuff isn't that hard it just takes a bit of patience. You should give it another go!
      Jean Xx

      Delete