Friday 25 July 2014

How to keep your nails healthy and beautiful!

Hey guy's
I have another nail post for you today, but this time its my nail care routine. Hope you all enjoy and learn something from this.

We all want those perfect looking professionally done nails right? But obviously for most of us that is something thats just a wee bit expensive to indulge in all the time. But taking proper care of your nails at home can be a fine substitute for those beautiful nails we all desire.

And the first step is moisturizing. Moisturizing is very important in keeping your nails healthy. I will usually use the Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion. Its really light on my skin and definitely works as a good moisturiser. I will usually apply this twice a day in the morning and at night.

I am usually quite generous with moisturizer and will squirt a big blob out onto one of my fingers and then dab it onto each of my other fingers. After that, using my thumb I will rub the moisturiser gently into each finger. During the day if I wash my hands I will apply moisturizer again as water actually drys out your hands.

It is best to cut your fingernails at least once a week. I usually cut mine straight across the top and then file them slightly curved around the edges.

Using the nail clippers, or nail scissors, cut any hangnails or skin tags you may have around your nails.




                             

Then grab your nail file and using the finer side soften the edges around your nail into a slight curve. Never file back and forwards as it can cause splitting and can damage your nails. Only file one way, make sure to do it gently too.



At this point sometimes I like to re apply my moisturiser.


And thats how to keep your nails nice and healthy. I do have one more tip on how to get rid of hangnails but I think I will have to save that for my next nail tutorial so stay tuned for that.
Thats all for today,
Jean Xx








2 comments:

  1. Thank you! This was so needed, my nails are a state! Great blog post btw

    http://jennoshealth.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! Glad I could help someone!
      Jean Xx

      Delete