Thursday 10 July 2014

Graphic Nail Art: Easy Nail Tutorial

Hey guys,
Today I will be doing a graphic nail tutorial for you. Hope you enjoy and remember to click the follow button (:

Ok go and grab these things:
2 different nail polish colours, I'm using OPI thanks a wind million and a drugstore white.
A base coat, I'm using Revlon quick dry base coat.
A top coat, again I'm just using a drugstore one.
Nail file.
Nail clippers
Cotton tips
Nail polish remover.
Nail tape or masking tape.

 Paint two coats of your first colour (this will be the one underneath)
Its very important that you wait until this is VERY dry.

Since I don't have any nail tape at the moment I had to improvise. You can do this if you dont have any nail tape.

For the thumb and ring finger design: Cut a short piece of the tape off, about 3 cm. Using scissors cut the piece in half and then in half again. Take those two little pieces and cut the carefully in half again. Try to keep it as straight as possible. You the can change the size of these and place them anywhere on your nail you would like. Paint over the tape with you second colour making sure to get right to the  edge, it doesn't matter if a bit gets on your skin you can tidy up later with nail polish remover.This gives a very thin line effect.

For index finger design: Cut a piece of tape about 3 cm long and the cut it in half. Taking one of the halves place it in a line about 3/4 of the way down your nail. Make sure the tape covers the whole nail except the tip. Paint your nail with the second colour. This gives a french tip look.

For middle finger design: Do the same as for the index finger design but when you place the tape onto your nail turn it sideways and put it running through the middle of your nail, make sure the tape is covering one whole side of your nail. Paint over this with your second colour. This gives a half cut nail kind of look.

For the pinkie design: Cut to short pieces of tape. Place one piece of tape on a diagonal running from one corner of the nail to the other. Do the same with the other piece of tape. You should only be able to see a little triangle at the tip of your nail. This gives a pyramid type look.


Wait till your nails are dry and the go ahead and peel of the tape to reveal your tiny masterpieces.

Apply top coat and tidy up around your nails using a cotton tip and a small amount of nail polish remover.

 
Hope you enjoyed this guys and if you do the tutorial be sure to post a picture down below as I would love to see your nails too!
Make sure to follow me and post a comment about what you would like me to do next.
♥  Jean  








4 comments:

  1. Wow, I don't paint my nails but I really love this idea and have never heard of it before! I will definitely be passing it on to my friends who love painting their nails!
    L xxx
    www.lorneee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Cool Thanks! I actually spend a lot of time painting my nails (its kind of an obsession) So I spend quite a while thinking up new ways to decorate my nails adn I actually have a few nail tutorials coming up very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing! I have a thing with nail polish at the moment but have never thought about using tape. I'm definitely going to try this XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should. And it's not even that hard!!
      Jean Xx

      Delete